Moving to a Cloud-based Voice over IP system (VoIP) might feel a little daunting to any business owner. But with the speed at which business is changing and adapting around the current global Coronavirus pandemic, switching to a VoIP can not only keep your business connected, but can also save you vital funds.
If the last few weeks have shown us anything, it’s that working from home isn’t so much the future of business, but the new situation-normal now for a lot of companies. Even before the outbreak of COVID19, businesses had been turning to remote working to solve the problems of resources, overheads and commuting, and have, in turn, found that the positives of moving towards a new virtual way of working have brought them many unexpected benefits.
But while working from home can boost productivity, creativity, and ability, the falling point for most businesses is how to handle their telephone system away from the office. Out of office alerts, patchy call coverage and use of personal mobile or landlines (eek!) not only costs man hours chasing missed calls and following up with colleagues, but also looks unprofessional to the outside eye (not to mention the potential GDPR nightmare of transmitting confidential information via a personal phone!).
It can feel like an impossible task when you physically can’t be next to your telephone 24-7. But what if you didn’t need to be tethered to a landline to run your business? When looking at ways to protect our businesses virtually, transition to Cloud-based servers and using VPNs for remote desktop access seemed almost seamless. So why not do the same with your phone lines?
How can my business benefit from moving to a Cloud-based VoIP system?
Here are just a few of the highlights…
- No need to check-in: One of the biggest concerns employers have with remote working is wondering if their employees are diligently working away, or are binge watching their favourite series. Our system can show you who is online, who is on a call, and even who is receiving a call (which means you can pick it up for them if they’re on a break). And with such a connection to your staff, you can combat the isolation and team disconnect associated with working from home. There’s no need to wonder if your employees are working hard or hardly working – now you can see for yourself how brilliant and dedicated your team are no matter where they are.
- Constant and consistent access: No matter where you are in the world, as long as you have access to the internet, you can access your phone line. Your number goes with you where you go, and it always stays the same so there’s no chance of missing vital calls or business.
- Complete control and professional efficiency: From pre-recorded messages to auto-attendants and call queueing – your experience is completely customisable. There’s no need to rely on outsourcing or dedicated staff to update your customer experience – simply change it from the app and it’ll update immediately.
- We grow with you: There’s no need to futureproof your telephony today – our system is completely scalable. As your business expands, we expand with you so there’s no need to think about extra phone lines for new users or how you can move your lines to a bigger office.
- Costs: You wouldn’t believe the difference moving to a Cloud-based system can make. Phone line maintenance fees? Gone! Cost of new equipment and training? Gone! We can work within your budget and lower your overhead costs.
So, how do you safely maintain your front-line tele-communications and remain professional whilst working from home?
Our Cloud-based Voice over IP systems (or VoIP for short) is a virtual telephony system that means your clients can contact you anytime, anywhere. Unexpected meeting calls you to a different office? You’re covered. Working from home and need to pull together a last-minute conference call? You’re covered. Even in a pandemic, you’re covered – as many of our customers are now witnessing. Set up is simple and fast. Our SIP trunking technology (think phone lines, but in the cloud) means that we can have you and your staff set up and ready to work from home in just 24 hours. We don’t even need to change your phone number – so there’s no need to update all your letterheads and email signatures!
How does it work?
As long as you have access to WiFi or 4G, you can take business calls wherever you are. Entirely user friendly, the app requires no training which means as soon as you’re logged on you’re ready to go – and it’s completely confidential, meaning that no matter where you ring from, your designated office number is the only number your client sees. It’s like having your office extension from the comfort of your own home.
Better still? It works exactly as if you were in the office. Need to transfer a call? You can use the app mid-call and see if your colleague is available. Transferring the call is as easy as the click of a button, and you don’t need high tech equipment to take a call. Any smartphone, laptop and compatible headset and you’re ready to go. Not only convenient, but completely customisable for clients who need further accessibility or comfort requirements (hello noise-cancelling headphones).
But what about conference calls and telephone meetings?
That’s the great thing about our software. You can see who is available for a call, schedule conference calls and meetings, and even use the built-in video web meeting function to chat to your colleagues – no water cooler necessary (always worth double checking your attire before accepting video calls though – nothing worse than ducking off camera from your boss whilst wearing your favourite pair of pyjamas!).
It might not beat the joy of sharing an office with that one colleague that always microwaves something fishy for lunch, but it can keep teams working together and help combat the social isolation and cabin fever that working from home for an extended period of time can bring. The ability to get that interaction is not only a professional plus for a lot of businesses but can also boost morale (which at the moment I think we can all benefit from!).
As well as ample options for workability, we can also provide professional services that mimic your office based telephony system such as; welcome messages, auto-attendants (‘press 1 to talk to accounting’, for example) or call queuing – all essential call handling options with a professional tone – without the need for a physical switchboard.
All of this. One app. It really is that simple.
We can talk all day about the benefits of VoIP systems for your business, so why not give us a call for a free consultation? 24 hours to go pro – click here to get in touch for a no-obligation quote. Transform your remote working from ‘best efforts’ to ‘best in class’.
There isn’t a business too big or small for us to accommodate, so get in touch today and let’s see when we can get your workforce up and running.