Moving to a Cloud-based Voice over IP system (VoIP) might feel a little daunting to any business owner. Businesses are changing and adapting around the current global Coronavirus pandemic at speed. By switching to VoIP, you can not only keep your business connected, but you can also save vital funds.
What are we learning from lockdown? Above all, working from home isn’t so much the future of business. It’s the new situation-normal now for a lot of companies. Even before the COVID19 outbreak, businesses turned to remote working to solve issues around resources, overheads and commuting. They discovered that the positives of a new virtual way of working has presented them with many unexpected benefits.
Take your office phone on the road…or home!
Working from home can boost productivity, creativity and ability. The falling point for most businesses is how to handle their telephone system away from the office. Out of office alerts, patchy call coverage and use of personal mobile or landlines eat up valuable resources. These Band-Aid solutions can appear unprofessional. Not to mention the potential GDPR nightmare of transmitting confidential information via a personal phone!
It can feel like an impossible task when you physically can’t be next to your telephone 24-7. But what if you don’t need to be tethered to a landline in order to run your business? When looking at ways to protect our businesses virtually, transition to Cloud-based servers and VPNs seem almost seamless. So why not replicate this with your phone lines?
How can my business benefit from moving to a Cloud-based VoIP system?
Here are just a few of the highlights…
- No need to check-in: One of the biggest concerns employers have with remote working is knowing whether their employees are diligently working away. Or, are they binge-watching their favourite series? Our system can show you who is online, who is on a call, and even who is receiving a call. With this new-found connection to your staff, you can combat the isolation and team disconnect associated with working from home. Are your employees working hard or hardly working? Now you can see for yourself how brilliant and dedicated your team are no matter where they are.
- Constant and consistent access: It doesn’t matter where you are in the world. As long as you have access to the internet, you can access your phone line. Your number goes with you where you go!
- Complete control and professional efficiency: Your experience is completely customisable: From pre-recorded messages to auto-attendants and call queueing. There’s no need to rely on outsourcing or dedicated staff to update your customer experience. Simply change it from the app and it’ll update immediately.
- We grow with you: There’s no need to future-proof your telephony today – our system is completely scalable. As your business expands, we expand with you. Extra phone lines for new users or moving your lines to a bigger office is simple!
- Costs: You wouldn’t believe the difference moving to a Cloud-based system can make. Phone line maintenance fees? Gone! Cost of new equipment and training? Gone! We will work within your budget and lower your overhead costs.
So, how do you safely maintain your front-line tele-communications and remain professional whilst working from home?
Our Cloud-based Voice over IP systems (or VoIP for short) is a virtual telephony system. This means that your clients can contact you anytime, anywhere. Unexpected meeting calls you to a different office? You’re covered. Working from home and need to pull together a last-minute conference call? You’re covered. Even in a pandemic, you’re covered – as many of our customers are now witnessing. Set up is simple and fast. We use sophisticated SIP trunking technology (think phone lines, but in the cloud). This technology enables you and your staff to be set up to work from home in just 24 hours. We don’t even need to change your phone number. No need to update all your letterheads and email signatures!
How does it work?
Have constant and reliable access to WiFi or 4G? You can take business calls wherever you are with VoIP. Entirely user friendly, the app requires no training which means as soon as you’re logged on, you’re ready to go. It’s also completely confidential. No matter where you ring from, your designated office number is the only number your client sees. It’s like having your office extension from the comfort of your own home!
Better still? It works exactly as if you were in the office. Need to transfer a call? You can use the app mid-call and see if your colleague is available. Transferring a call is as easy as the click of a button. You don’t need high tech equipment to take a call. Simply connect any smartphone, laptop and compatible headset and you’re ready to go. Not only convenient, but completely customisable for clients who need further accessibility or comfort requirements. (Hello noise-cancelling headphones!)
But what about conference calls and telephone meetings?
That’s the great thing about our software. You can see who is available for a call, schedule conference calls and meetings and video-conference with your colleagues. No water cooler necessary! (Always worth double checking your attire before accepting video calls though. Nothing worse than ducking off camera from your boss whilst wearing your favourite pair of pyjamas!).
It might not beat the joy of sharing an office with that colleague who always microwaves something fishy. However, it can keep teams working together. VoIP can combat the social isolation and cabin fever that consistent home-working can bring. The ability to get that interaction is not only a professional plus for a lot of businesses. It can also boost morale (which at the moment I think most of us can benefit from).
We’ve talked about T4COM’s ample options for workability. But did you know; we can also provide professional services? T4COM can mimic your office based telephony system. Welcome messages, auto-attendants (‘press 1 to talk to accounting’, for example) or call queuing. All essential call handling options with a professional tone, without the need for a physical switchboard.
All of this. One app. It really is that simple.
We can talk all day about the benefits of VoIP systems for your business. So why not give us a call for a free consultation? 24 hours to go pro. Click here to get in touch for a no-obligation quote. Transform your remote working from ‘best efforts’ to ‘best in class’.
There isn’t a business too big or small for us to accommodate. Get in touch today and let’s see when we can get your workforce up and running. in